Mapo tofu is one of the Chinese dish I wanted to try to cook it , it also a Szechuan dish.
I followed the YouTube video recipe step by step in preparing the ingredients and cooking methods.
~ pressed tofu
~ chopped garlic
~ chopped ginger
~ chili bean paste
~ minced pork
~ sesame oil
~ corn flour ( sauce thickening )
~ 1 table spoon soy sauce
~ 3 tea spoons raw sugar
~ 1 cup of water
~ chopped spring onion (garnishing )
I skipped the Szechuan pepper corn and my homemade Szechuan chili oil as the bean paste is spicy.
1. Heat up the non stick pan with sesame oil, sautéed minced pork till cooked, added 3 table spoons chili bean paste into it.
2. Added chopped garlic & chopped ginger , continues sautéed them
3. Set a small pot with water & salt on stove , let it boil. Cut the presses tofu into half and cut into small square cubes, pour cut tofu into boiling water, cooked for 5 mins, drained the water set aside.
4. Seasoning the minced meat sauce with 1 table spoon soy sauce , 3 tea spoons raw sugar , added 1 cup of water & tofu , simmer for 5 mins
5. 1 teaspoon corn flour mixed with some water , stirred well , slowly pour over into minced meat sauce with tofu , once the sauce get thicken ,off the fire , transfer to bowl & garnishing with chopped spring onion.
This dish is good to served with a bowl of steamed hot rice or noodle,
Enjoy !!! It’s delicious !!